Here it is! The recipe for our famous pit beans that continually take us to the awards stage at the world's biggest BBQ contests.
3rd place 2016 American Royal World Series of BBQ
9th place 2014 American Royal World Series of BBQ
3rd place 2012 American Royal World Series of BBQ
2nd place 2011 Great American BBQ
3rd place 2010 Great American BBQ
- 55 oz can pork & beans
- 1/2 cup Smokey Kansas City Barbecue Sauce, Original
- 1/2 cup Smokey Kansas City Barbecue Sauce, Spicy
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped barbecue meat
- Combine the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and mustard in an 8×12 pan. Stir in the chopped barbecue meat.
- Place the pan in a 250 degree smoker underneath a cooking pork butt or brisket. Cook for 1 hour, then cover with aluminum foil and cook for an additional hour.
- Remove from pit and enjoy!