We were introduced to this Fire Cracker recipe at the 2017 Jack Daniels World Championships. It was late Saturday night at a judges after-party long after the official festivities had wound down. A gallon zip-loc bag was making it's way around the table while everyone enjoyed cocktails. Out of it came these innocent looking saltine crackers spackled with red pepper flakes. They're definitely spicy, but not too hot. And loaded with flavor!
We were lucky enough to bring the recipe home with us. They work great on regular ole saltine crackers, or you can substitute oyster crackers for a more bite sized portion.
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 (1 oz) envelopes ranch dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 oz package saltine crackers
- In a bowl, mix together the vegetable oil and spices. It will seem like a large amount of oil, but I promise it will all soak into the crackers.
- Place the crackers in an extra large zip-loc bag and pour the oil mixture on top. Gently roll around the crackers trying get them as evenly coated as possible.
- Seal the bag and let the crackers sit at room temperature overnight.